The member-only hour will not be offered on Saturday, April 1.
- 1 – 5 p.m.
Friday – Sunday
- 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Low Sensory Hours
- Thursday 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Low Sensory Hours are reserved for families with sensory sensitivities. Ambient noise and light are turned down to provide an even more inviting place to explore, play, and learn. Weighted vests and noise cancelling headphones are available for families upon request. Low Sensory Hours are especially appropriate for children with autism and sensory processing disorder. Low Sensory Hours are open to all children experiencing special needs and their families.
Become a member here
- 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- 9 – 10 a.m.
Wee Ones Weekly (WOW)
- Wee Ones Weekly is held on Member Mondays at 1:30 p.m.
- Must be a museum member to attend. Learn more about membership here
- View upcoming WOW events here
- Available for all regular hours except during low sensory hours
- Reserve your group visit here
Play to Learn
- A thematic program where families play together, including a storytime, art activities, dancing, and more
- View time and locations
1501 Pacific Avenue, Tacoma WA 98402
Mailing address: 1501 Pacific Avenue, Suite 202, Tacoma WA 98402
We are closed on holidays and other events throughout the year
Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve/Day, New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day
Admission to the Museum is called Pay As You Will, which means that it is by donation only. This admission model is the only one of its kind among children’s museums in the nation and has been recognized with a national award from the Association of Children’s Museum and as a finalist for the IMLS National Medal of Honor.
Pay As You Will admission is supported by Puyallup Tribe of Indians Charity Trust and US Bank Foundation. KeyBank is a founding Pay As You Will partner.
All donations made through Pay As You Will support the Museum and keep it accessible for every family in our community.
Why Pay As You Will is Important
At the Children’s Museum of Tacoma we want to ensure that every child and family can come play, so we offer Pay As You Will admission. Please consider making a donation of admission – at any level – when visiting the Museum. Your support of Pay As You Will admission means we will be able to serve more families everyday!
Historically, the Children’s Museum of Tacoma has offered free admission through a number of programs: First Fridays Free, Library Passes and Free Market Play days. In 2010, almost 50% of the Museum’s visitors took advantage of one of these access programs. One-third of these visitors are low income. When the Museum opened it’s current facility Pay As You Will Admission offered a greater capacity to reach more families, engage more children in playful learning and support more parents.
While You Are Here
Strollers will be temporarily allowed in the Museum galleries and playscapes while lockers are unavailable to guests. Lobby stroller parking is also still available. We encourage you to leave your stroller home if you can. When your child is not physically in the stroller, please park your stroller somewhere out of high traffic areas.
Lock it up before you play
Lockers are available free of charge. Lock up your bags and coats while you PLAY!
Food and Drink in the Museum
Social distancing is no longer required. Eating and drinking will be permitted in our cafes and lobbies.
On the weekends, the parking lot adjacent to the Museum is Pay to Park and open to visitors. During the week, the lot adjacent to the Museum is not open to the general public, and visitors should instead find metered parking along the street.
Your membership supports admission for families in our community
Free Access, member only hours and programs, perks, and more…
Benefits of becoming a member
Not sure about becoming a member? Read about our member benefits.