Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Greentrike! Our programs that can use your assistance include the Children’s Museum of Tacoma, the Children’s Museum at JBLM, Play to Learn Pierce County, special events throughout the year, and more! You will find details about our main volunteer opportunities below, or you can email Jen McDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about specific opportunities.
Greentrike’s mission is to honor children and champion play. Everything we do begins with our image of the child. We believe children are compassionate, capable, inquisitive, creative, valuable, contributing, and dreamers. Our vision is to be a leader in our community in using play to learn, to grow, and to thrive.
Help the program instructor with set up, activity implementation with the children and families, and help clean-up. (Shifts are half hour before and after the program time is scheduled)
Play Guide in the Museum
During museum hours work alongside our Play Guides engaging in Early Learning Activities with our visitors. (Usually a 2-hour shift)
Administrative and Material Support
Help with data entry, copying, research, correspondence, grant research, filing, prep materials for projects, and bulk mailing.
This is a great opportunity for groups and individuals to help with event set-up, clean-up, or off-site prep before the event.
Come and Play with Us by following these steps:
- Fill out the Online Volunteer Contact and Application Form below. Volunteers that are between 14-17yrs old will need to have a parent/guardian sign too.
- Read the Handbook (Will be sent by a volunteer lead)
- Attend an Interview & Orientation meeting
- Complete a Background Check & Covid-19 Prevention Protocols
- Sign-up for a shift and receive continual training with our staff.
All JBLM Volunteers need to register with VMIS at www.myarmyonesource.com